Pigeon House - Sandymount: List of Tasks
1. 360 – Drawing space.
2. Archiving the Object including Clay Mould.
3. Robert Smithson interview & "The Smithson Cut-up" Drawing on the Cut-up technique of writer William Burroughs, an A3 photocopy of the text has been cut up into strips consisting of each line of the text.
4. Smithson Horizons that contains questions of structurally imposed limits, limits of knowledge, limits of ignorance as well as ideas of dismantling the image.
5. Deep Listening - an idea based on a practice of Pauline Oliveros. Oliveros states that “there are different modes of listening: passive and active, or directional and focused”
6. Sampling Space. Itconcerned with looking and cataloguing the natural qualities of a given space and its biodiversity.
Primary Research: List of pages
1. Notes from Sandymount
To find more go to Sandymount
2. Notes from National Museum of Ireland
To find more go to National Museum of Ireland
3. Photographs from an exhibition at National Museum of Ireland: Twenty Seven Years of the work of Irish Woodturner Emmet Kane
To find more go to: A journey by Emmet Kane
4. Modes of display; One object to another / mini curation / assemblage; Speculative Fictions at Objects
Main References for task "Sandymount"
1. Pierre Lieutaghi "Trees" - The balance of life and beauty of nature.
2. Lars von Trier
- Nymphomaniac Vol. I & Vol. II