"The sun emerged from the fog, forming a perfect white disc; the whole lake was bathed in light. On the horizon, the Twelve Bens Mountains formed the palette of grays like images from a dream. They said nothing. As they came into Galway, Walcott spoke: 'I'm an atheist myself, always have been, but I can understand why they're Catholic here. There's something very special about this country. Everything seems constantly trembling: the grass in the fields or the water on the lake, everything signals it's presence. The light is soft, mutable. You'll see. The sky itself is alive'."
'The Elementary Particles' (1998) Michel Houellebecq
Secondary Research - List of Tasks
Pigeon House - Sandymount
1. 360 – Drawing space.
2. Archiving the Object including Clay Mould.
3. Robert Smithson interview & "The Smithson Cut-up" Drawing on the Cut-up technique of writer William Burroughs, an A3 photocopy of the text has been cut up into strips consisting of each line of the text.
4. Smithson Horizons that contains questions of structurally imposed limits, limits of knowledge, limits of ignorance as well as ideas of dismantling the image.
5. Deep Listening - an idea based on a practice of Pauline Oliveros. Oliveros states that “there are different modes of listening: passive and active, or directional and focused”
6. Sampling Space. Itconcerned with looking and cataloguing the natural qualities of a given space and its biodiversity.
National Museum - Collins Barack
1. Jimmy Durham’s Museum Project. (digital work)
2. Modes of display objects at The National Museum. (sketches, digital work)
3. One object to another, mini curation, assemblage ( a selection of five items from throughout the museum, connections, relations to each other and the Museum space)
4. Speculative Fictions. (Documentation and describtion of the object in all its material detail, including any contextual information on captions and/or wall texts and alternate and fictional history of the object.)
Primary Research: List of pages
1. Notes from Sandymount
To find more go to Sandymount
2. Notes from National Museum of Ireland
To find more go to National Museum of Ireland
3. Photographs from an exhibition at National Museum of Ireland: Twenty Seven Years of the work of Irish Woodturner Emmet Kane
To find more go to: A journey by Emmet Kane
4. Modes of display; One object to another / mini curation / assemblage; Speculative Fictions at Objects
1. Brian Eno
'Another Green World' (1975)
'Tracks and Traces' Brian Eno & Harmonia (1976)
'Before and After Science' (1977)
'Passengers' Brian Eno & U2 (1995)
2. Robert Smithson Interview Six Years PDF
3. Laurie Anderson "Heart of a Dog" movie
4. Pierre Lieutaghi "Trees" - The balance of life and beauty of nature.
5. Lippard, Lucy R. Six Years: dematerialization of the art object (1966 - 1972)
Notebook - Site Map
Next Page: - Sandymount
- Museum- Objectsb. Progress- Week II- Week III- Week IVc. Exhibition
Print MediaPrint Mediaa. Screenb. EtchingGallery
Painting ModulePaintinga. Presentation Ib. Presentation IIc. Gallery
New Mediaa. New Mediab. Portfolioc. Presentation
Professional PracticeProfessional Practicea. Art Workb. Portfolioc. Libraries
Bourriaud, Nicolas. (2002) Postproduction, Sternberg Press |
Buskirk, Martha. (2005) The Contingent Object of Contemporary Art, MIT Press |
Doherty, Claire (ed.) (2009) Situation (Whitechapel: Documents in Contemporary Art) Whitechapel Gallery & MIT Press |
Doherty, Claire. (2002) From Studio to Situations: Contemporary Art and the Question of Context, Blackdog Press |
Dean, Tacita and Millar, Jeremy. (2005), Place (Artworks), Thames & Hudson |
Farr, Ian (ed.) (2012) Memory (Whitechapel: Documents in Contemporary Art), Whitechapel Gallery & MIT Press. |
Hudek, Antony (ed.) (2014) The Object (Whitechapel: Documents in Contemporary Art) Whitechapel Gallery & MIT Press |
Kwon, Miwon. (2002) One Place After Another: Site Specific Art and Locational Identity, MIT Press |
Phaidon editors. (2009) Vitamin 3-D: New Perspectives in Sculpture and Installation, Phaidon Press |
Pontégnie, Anne (ed.) 2010, Mike Kelley: Educational Complex Onwards 1995-2008, JRP | Ringier |
Lange-Berndt, Petra (ed.) (2015) Materiality (Whitechapel: Documents in Contemporary Art), Whitechapel Gallery & MIT Press. |
Lippard, Lucy. (1997) Six years: the dematerialization of the art object from 1966 to 1972... |
Merewether, Charles (ed.) 2006, The Archive, (Whitechapel: Documents in Contemporary Art) Whitechapel Gallery & MIT Press |
Steeds, Lucy (ed.) (2014) The Exhibition, (Whitechapel: Documents in Contemporary Art) Whitechapel Gallery & MIT Press |